Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Stephenie Meyer responds to yesterdays (1/11/10) Gossip concerning drama with Summit over 'The Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn'.

Amanda Bell over at Twi Examiner brought the following information to our attention this morning concerning Stephenie Meyer's stance on whether 'Breaking Dawn' should be made as one or two movies.  I knew I wasn't crazy, that I had seen more than 1 interview whereby Stephenie stated that she felt to do the book justice 'Breaking Dawn' should be made into 2 movies.  She even stated in the one interview that she knew exactly where the first movie should end and the second pick up. 

When I saw the article hit Twitter yesterday morning (Mon. Jan. 11, 2010) from Ted Cassablanca over @theawfultruth - stating that it was Stephenie Meyer herself that was holding up the official announcement of 'Breaking Dawn' I immeditately responded to Ted with a THIS IS BS statement!  Well, not long after that the article from the LA Times hits Twitter with the interview with Wyck Godfrey concerning Chris Weitz "PROBABLY" not returning to Direct the final installment of 'The Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn', whether it be 1 or 2 films.  I MUST SAY - if this remains to be true, I am definitely saddened by this news!  I think Chris's compassion to the story itself is going to be very hard to replace!  (MY HONEST OPINION) - So I began to wonder - what in the heck is going on here?  Within a short span of time we have 2 breaking stories coming out of LA concerning 'Breaking Dawn', where is this coming from?  Can this information all be true?  Seems to me - and this is purely conjecture here - no hard evidence to support - Summit could be behind all of this! They are definitely being pressured by the fans, (YES I RAISE MY HAND GUILTY), daily to "OFFICIALLY" announce Breaking Dawn. After all, TPTB did say in interviews that it would be up to the fans response to New Moon as to how they would proceed with 'Breaking Dawn', WELL Summit, I think you have your answer!  But they know we the fans are screaming for information on 'Breaking Dawn' and for whatever reason negotiations are moving along slowly on this venture.  So, could Summit have leaked information to try and force all involved to speed up the pace a bit?  Sounds logical to me - happens all the time! TRUST ME! 

NOW back to the initial reason for this post!  Stephenie Meyer has made the following statment over at her Web site:

"January 12, 2010


Just a quick note on the subject of the Breaking Dawn film: there is no drama over whether the book should be one movie or two. My personal feeling is that it would be very difficult to cram the whole story into one movie (as I've said in many interviews previous to this), but if a great way of doing that surfaces, I'm all for it. Two or one, whichever way fits the story best is fine by me, and everyone I've spoken with at Summit seems to feel the same way. We're all excited to move forward on this, and we are slowly and surely getting there. I know people are anxious for news, and so sometimes gossip get fabricated to stir things up, but there's no basis to this particular story.


Steph"

Source - Stephenie's Web site

So there you go Twi Fans - the Queen herself has spoken, and I for one am glad -that I wasn't totally crazy!  I knew I had read and watched those interviews!!!! 

You can also read other information concerning 'The Twilight Saga' by checking out TwiExaminer - Amanda Bell's Web site here!

0 comments: